Show Traders & Caterers T&Cs
• Applications close 1st May 2019. Payment, risk assessments and a copy of your Public Liability insurance must be sent with the application form. The number of trade stands available at the Rutland Show is limited, and we reserve the right to close applications early if we are full before the published closing date.
• Applicant should be aware that the Society reserves the right to refuse any application, without giving any reason and reserves the right to determine the area and position of sites.
• Traders are responsible for ALL litter in the vicinity of their stand. All trade waste must be removed by the trader before and after the show and under no circumstances must it be put in bins provided for show visitors. A charge of £100 will be invoiced directly to the stand holders if the Society has to remove any trade waste after show breakdown.
• Traders should be aware that, whilst the showground generally has good network coverage, 3G/4G is not guaranteed on site and therefore we recommend that you check coverage beforehand. Wi-Fi is not currently available on site.
• Traders’ staff MUST park in the FREE public car park if they need to exit the ground before 5.30pm • Entrance to the showground will be closed at 7am prompt so please allow time to enter the showground. The entrance is shared by public/livestock so do allow time for queuing. After 7am you will be required to park in the public car park and transport your goods by hand to your stand.
• Stands must remain open until 5.30pm. No vehicles will be allowed to access the showground before 5.30pm from the trade stand car park to commence clearing stand. Access from the public car park to commence clearing the stand will not be permitted until 6.30pm. Traders must be off-site by 7.30pm on Sunday 2ndJune unless they have booked camping however they may return on Monday 3rd June from 7am to 5pm to clear the site. Pitches must be completely cleared by Monday 3rd June 5pm.
• Traders hiring marquees must use MUTA registered marquee companies. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that any construction of marquees or any other structure complies with the regulations stated in 2015 Construction (Design and Management) rules. Marquees must be off site by 5pm Monday.
• No trader shall sub-let or re-let any of the space allotted to them.
• The show will be open from 8.30am to 5.30pm. You may set your stands up from Saturday 8.30 am to 8pm or Sunday from 5am until 7.30am. Admittance to the site outside these times will be refused unless agreed by prior arrangement.
• Exhibition space will be clearly marked out on the ground. Your stand MUST fit into the area you have booked and marked out by us, including any vehicle guy-ropes and trailer draw-bars. Exhibitors must not arrange goods or signs that create an obstruction to other exhibitors or the free flow of visitors. • Any space allotted which is not occupied by 8am on show day shall be considered not required and the Society has the right to re-allocate the space.
• A professional approach regarding product pricing, presentation and selling manner is required from all Exhibitors. All items over the value of £15 (except food) should be accompanied by a receipt.• Charitable or other institutions wishing to make appeals for collections or contributions to their funds must first obtain permission from the Show Office.
• Political or propaganda trade stands are not permitted. Political activity such as canvassing or handing out literature will not be tolerated.
• The Show Organisers reserve the right to decline any trader it views to be selling items they deem to be unacceptable or offensive and will request any such items be removed from sale.
• The sale of the following are strictly prohibited at the Show: fireworks, garden flares, Chinese lanterns, firearms, knives, catapults and any product that could be a nuisance or annoyance to others
• Any misrepresentation in description of goods sold in the application process in order to gain admittance will result in the exhibitor or their goods being removed from the Showground without a refund or compensation.
• Exhibitors must comply with all relevant Trading Standards legislation - safety, fair trading and quality. Trading Standards representatives do attend the show. We will encourage the consumer to forward any complaints to the Trading Standards Office.
Traders’ Health & Safety Terms & Conditions
• All traders must provide a Risk Assessment under the Health & Safety at Work Act. A template is available.
• All exhibitors must carry Public Liability Insurance to a minimum of £5M
• Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their stand and stock and all claims arising from this.
• Any exhibitor behaving in a threatening or intimidating manner towards showground staff, other traders or the general public will be asked to leave site and not allowed to trade with the Rutland County Show in the future.
• Electricity MUST be pre-booked at an extra cost. Personal generators are not allowed on the show ground.
• Equipment brought to the site by an Exhibitor is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor and must meet all current regulations including PAT tested electrical goods. Non-compliance will provoke possible exclusion from the site.
• Trade stands, where the public can walk within the trade stand, must be kept tidy and safe and the operators must obey any advice given by the show organisers and their associates.
• Trade stands that operate rides must do so within Health and Safety Regulations. All equipment must be well maintained and copies of insurance, risk assessments and electrical testing must be shown.
• All vehicles must be driven in an appropriate manner around the show ground. If a trade stand vehicle is parked on the showground there must be a member of that staff available at all times, who is capable of driving that vehicle responsibly, in case of evacuation.
• Trade stand holders, contractors working or delivering on site for a trade stand must not obstruct entrances, exits, roads with unattended vehicles.
• Fire Extinguishers are positioned by all generators. Exhibitors must conform to precautions against fire and provide a fire risk assessment if necessary.
• There will be continuous night security patrols during the Show weekend. However, it is the responsibility of exhibitors, or their agents, to safeguard their property. The Society does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any losses.
• The show organisers accept no responsibility for any damage to vehicles or trade stands by the actions of others.
• Vehicle movement restrictions do not apply to emergency vehicles or vehicles displaying official badges.
• No exhibitor will be allowed to place his exhibits, boards or placards beyond the limits of the space allotted. Advertising banner space on the Rings or around the grounds may be booked through the show office. The following points will be checked before and during the Show by our Health & Safety Team:
Erection and dismantling of marquess and structures, Transportation of goods, Electrical Supply and Connections,Working at height including using appropriate ladders and PPE, Migrant workers, Fire Risk Assessment if applicable.
• Water is available at various points around the Showground. A charge will be made for stands requiring water for filling spas, pools, ponds etc.
• The Society does not hire furniture to tradestands. Exhibitors must organise their own tables, chairs etc. • Grass Cutting is available with at least 2 days notice at a charge of £50. Contact the office to book. • Electricity must be pre-booked on the application form.
• Camping on the showground is available on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd June for a small charge. Toilets and showers are provided for campers (closed between 7am and 6pm on show day) Book your camping using the application form. Please note you will be charged double on the day if you do not book camping in advance. Site Services
• Exhibitors are permitted to supply small scale hospitality free of charge to the public, however this is strictly limited to drinks and finger foods. Your intent to provide hospitality must be noted on your application form and we reserve the right to refuse this. Hospitality
• THERE IS A MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT OF 10MPH ON THE SHOWGROUND AT ALL TIMES
• Vehicles are not permitted to be parked on stands under 7x7m.
• For larger stands 7 x7m and above, unless your vehicle is part of your stand display it should be parked in the trade stand car park before 8am on show day.
• All vehicles must display their trade stand pass with contact details on. Any trade stand vehicle not parked in the appropriate place after 8.00am will be removed.
• The Society reserves the right to restrict vehicle movement in adverse weather conditions.
• Vehicles re-entering the Showground for the removal of stands from the trade stand car park will not be allowed to do so until 5.30pm after the public has departed from the show.
• Vehicles parked in the public car park will not be allowed back onto the showground until 6.30pm for clearing. Vehicles
• If livestock (including poultry) forms any part of the exhibit, prior agreement must be granted and full details must be given on the application form. Exhibitors must ensure that they comply with all current DEFRA regulations as well as those of the Show. Please contact the Show Office for further information. The Show Office must be sent/ given the relevant movement order and other applicable documentation. Any exhibitor (and their staff) with livestock on their stand must provide hand washing facilities. All animals and their pens must be kept in a clean condition and standards maintained for the duration of the Show. The holding number of the Showground is 15/167/8000-01
• Llamas and Alpacas are not permitted at the Show.
The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006 and associated legislation make it an offence for anyone to sell, process or offer food which is harmful to health. They also place the obligation on businesses to ensure food is prepared and sold in a hygienic way.
• Any exhibitor handling food items must be registered with their local authority for Food & Hygiene regulations
• If you are selling alcohol, a copy of your TEN licence must be sent to the show office by May 14th 2019.
• Applicants should be aware that the Society reserves the right to refuse any application, without giving any reason and reserves the right to determine the area and position of sites.
• Caterers and those supplying food and drink must provide adequate bins in the vicinity of their stand.
If an exhibitor withdraws from the show or cancels the space booked, all fees paid shall be forfeited whether the site is re-let or not.
• The Society will not be held responsible if, for any reason, the Show in any particular year or years is cancelled, or the period of its advertised duration curtailed. In this instance the Society shall retain all fees.
• The Society will not be liable for any loss or damage whether caused by the negligence of the Society, its servants or agents or in any other way whatsoever.