Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms shall constitute an agreement between you and us and shall set out the conditions upon which you may access the information available on this website
2. We reserve the right to change these Terms, at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on this website, at which point they will become immediately effective
3. Your continued use of this website after any changes referred to in clause 1.3 shall constitute your consent to such changes
4. Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, or for reasons beyond our control
5. We reserve the right to, without notice, withdraw the availability of this website or any of its content and/or any of its functions, information or services
6. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to this website and we make no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, functionality or otherwise
7. You are allowed to view, download and print out content from this website for personal use only in accordance with these Terms. All other copying whether electronic, hard copy or other format is prohibited and all other rights are reserved
8. You shall only use this website in a manner that is consistent with these Terms and in such a way as to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and, in particular, that you shall not (or not attempt to):
seek unauthorised access to our network or computer system
insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus into our network and computer systems
9. All copyright and all other intellectual property rights existing in this website (including, but not limited to, all design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof) are and remain our property
10. The expression 'copyright' shall include the entire copyright, design right, rental right, right to authorise or prohibit lending and data right subsisting now or created at any time
11. While we endeavor to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the such information
12. We make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, that this website or any software of any nature available on, downloaded or otherwise obtained from it, will be free from defects or viruses. Your use of this website is at your own risk
13. We make no representations or warranties as to whether the information available on this website complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the pages of this website may be accessed
14. We may log your IP address (which indicates the location of your computer on the Internet) for the purpose of systems administration and troubleshooting.
15. If you provide your e-mail address in order to submit an enquiry, comment or request for further information, we may contact you regarding your enquiry, comment or request. We may also send e-mails to you about the services that we offer.
16. From time to time we may use your e-mail address for marketing, research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We may occasionally contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
17. The failure by us to insist on any occasion upon performance of these Terms shall not thereby act as a waiver of such a breach or an acceptance of any variation of these Terms
18. A person who is not a party to these Terms may not enforce any of its terms or conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
19. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the Laws of England
BYE-LAWS - APPLICABLE TO THE RUTLAND AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
The Rutland County Show Ticket Admission and Privileges.
1. Vice-presidents and Life Members. Free admission to the Show. Free admission for a partner. Admission to the Members Enclosure with partners badge also giving free admission to the Members enclosure.
2.Members (Annual subscribers of £20.00 or £30.00 for joint-Membership) Free admission to the Show for members and free entry to the Members Enclosure.
3.Parking of Vehicles. Official car parks will be provided and vehicles will be parked at owner's risk. No vehicles of any description will be allowed to stand anywhere on the Showground other than in the regulation parking places.
4. Members parking will be on a first come first served bases. Please be aware this are has a limited number of spaces.
5.Tickets purchased online, via our outlets and from the office are non refundable.
6. Any visitor, or member, behaving in a threatening or intimidating manner towards showground staff, traders, or the general public will be asked to leave the site.
7. The Rutland Agricultural Society reserve the right to ban any visitor, or member, from attending the Rutland County Show or showground in the future.
LIVESTOCK AND GENERAL
1. All entry forms for livestock must be fully and clearly completed and submitted by the closing date. (Please see entry form for closing date) The Society will accept no liability for the accuracy of any description or particulars in the catalogue. Please note: RAS reserves the right to close entries early if deemed full for ALL areas.
2. All exhibitors will be required to complete the entry statement, and entry form for every animal in each class. The ages of all animals shall be calculated to the date of the show, unless otherwise stated. All livestock must be on the showground and penned by 8.00am. Nomination entries will not be accepted.
3. Entry Fees: All entry forms must be accompanied by the appropriate fees, cheques should be made payable to the "RUTLAND AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY"
4. Return of Entry Fees: Entry fees are non- returnable except where entries are refused or cancelled by the Rutland Agricultural Society. Monies will only be refunded, less an administration fee. The Committee reserves the right to refuse or cancel any entry, class or section.
5. Grand Parade. Cattle Champions and reserve Champions must take part in the Grand Parade, otherwise cups and prize money will be forfeited.
6. Substitution. The substitution of entries, after the published closing date, is not permitted.
7. Arrival and Departure of Stock. All exhibits are to be penned/tethered by 8.00am. Exhibits must not leave the show ground until after the Grand Parade, except by veterinary discretion.
8. Objections. In the event of any dispute in livestock/horse classes, written details should be lodged with the Secretary, within 30 minutes of the completion of that class, together with £20.00 (this is refundable if the objection is upheld) The matter will then be considered and the decision of the Committee shall be final.
9. Judging. All classes are judged in accordance to the relevant Breed Society Rules. The Judges decision is final. Judging times may be altered at the discretion of the judge/stewards.
10. All exhibitors must comply with Government and Local Authority regulations and all codes of practice: The Show is subject to any relevant Orders issued by Government Departments and Local Authorities, and all Codes of Practice with which all exhibitors and others attending such Shows, Exhibitions and Events must apply.
11. All animals are shown under the Breed Regulations and Competition conditions of the relevant Breed Society.
12. Weather conditions. In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone 07568 181616
13. Improper Conduct. Any Exhibitor or Exhibitor's employee, or any member of the general public, who conducts himself in an improper or offensive manner to any Judge, Member of the Committee, Steward or Official, shall be reported to the Chairman. They may be refused entry to the Show Ground, may not be allowed to compete in that Class or further Classes and may have no monies refunded. They may not be allowed to renew their subscription or enter any future Shows until re-admitted by the Committee.
14. Ownership of Livestock Exhibits. All cattle and sheep must have been the bona fide property of the Exhibitor for 60 days prior to the Show.
15. All exhibitors must have their own Public liability insurance
16. All animals must be in the care and control of their owner/handler at all times while they are on the showground.
TRADE & CRAFT STAND BOOKING INFORMATION:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment, risk assessments and a copy of your public liability insurance must be sent with the application form before the closing date that year. Please note RAS reserves the right to close entries early if deemed full for ALL areas.
Applicant should be aware that the Society reserves the right to refuse any application, without giving any reason and reserves the right to determine the area and position of sites.
Traders are responsilble for ALL litter in the vicinity of their stand. All trade waste must be removed by the trader before and after the show and under no circumstances must it be put in bins provided for show visitors. A charge of £100 will be invoiced directly to the stand holders if the Society has to remove any trade waste after show breakdown.
Traders should be aware that, whilst the showground generally has good network coverage, 3G/4G is not guaranteed on site and therefore we recommend that you check coverage beforehand. Wi-Fi is not currently available on site.
All vehicles must be either incorporated within the area of your trade stand or parked in the trade stand carpark before 8am on show day. Entrance to the trade stands will be closed at 7am prompt. Please allow time to enter the showground. The entrance is shared by public/livestock so do allow time for queuing from 6am. After 7am you will be required to park in the public car park.
Stands must remain open until 5.30pm. No vehicles will be allowed to access the showground before 5.30pm to commence clearing stand.
All vehicles must display their trade stand pass with contact details on. Any trade stand vehicle not parked in the appropriate place after 8.00am will be removed.
An agricultural discount is given to traders where a minimum of 75% of their business is within the agricultural industry.
Charitable or other institutions wishing to make appeals for contributions to their funds must first obtain permission from the Show Office.
Political or propaganda trade stands are not permitted.
No trader shall sub-let or re-let any of the space alloted to them.
The Show Organisers reserve the right to decline any trader it views to be selling items they deem to be unacceptable or offensive and will request any such items be removed from sale.
Prohibited Items: The sale of the following objects are strictly prohibited at the Show: fireworks, garden flares, Chinese lanterns.
The show will be open from 8.30am to 5.30pm. You may set your stands up from Saturday 8.30 am to 8pm or Sunday from 5am until 7.30am. Admittance to the site outside these times will be refused.
Exhibition space will be clearly marked out on the ground. Your stand MUST fit into the area you have booked and marked out by us, including any vehicle guy-ropes and trailer draw-bars. Exhibitors must not arrange goods or signs that create an obstruction to other exhibitors or the free flow of visitors.
Any space allotted which is not occupied by 8am on show day shall be considered not required and the Society has the right to re-allocate the space.
Traders? staff MUST park in the public car park if they require to exit the ground before 5.30pm
A professional approach regarding product pricing, presentation and selling manner is required from all Exhibitors.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Any exhibitor behaving in a threatening or intimidating manner towards showground staff, other traders or the general public will be asked to leave site and not allowed to trade with the Rutland County Show in the future.
Electricity MUST be pre-booked at an extra cost. Personal generators are not allowed on the show ground.
Equipment brought to the site by an Exhibitor is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor and must meet all current regulations including PAT tested electrical goods. Non-compliance will provoke possible exclusion from the site.
Trade stands, where the public can walk within the trade stand, must be kept tidy and safe and the operators must obey any advice given by the show organisers and their associates.
Trade stands that operate rides must do so within Health and Safety Regulations. All equipment must be well maintained and copies of insurance, risk assessments and electrical testing must be shown.
All vehicles must be driven in an appropriate manner around the show ground. If a trade stand vehicle is parked on the showground there must be a member of that staff available at all times, who is capable of driving that vehicle responsibly, in case of evacuation.
Trade stand holders, contractors working or delivering on site for a trade stand must not obstruct entrances, exits, roads with unattended vehicles.
There will be continuous night security patrols during the Show weekend However, it is the responsibility of exhibitors, or their agents, to safeguard their property. The Society does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any losses.
The show organisers accept no responsibility for any damage to vehicles or trade stands by the actions of others.
Vehicle movement restrictions do not apply to emergency vehicles or vehicles displaying official badges.
If livestock (including poultry) forms any part of the exhibit, full details must be given on the application for space and Exhibitors must ensure that they comply with all current DEFRA regulations as well as those of the Show. Please contact the Show Office for further information. The Show Office must be sent/ given the relevant movement order and other applicable documentation. Any exhibitor (and their staff) with livestock on their stand must make themselves aware of where the nearest hand washing facility is and be able to direct members of the public to such facilities. All animals and their pens must be kept in a clean condition and standards maintained for the duration of the Show. The holding number of the Showground is 15/167/8000-01
If an exhibitor withdraws from the show or cancels the space booked, all fees paid shall be forfeited whether the site is relet or not.
The Society will not be held responsible if, for any reason, the Show in any particular year or years is cancelled, or the period of its advertised duration curtailed. In this instance the Society shall retain all fees.
The Society will not be liable for any loss or damage whether caused by the negligence of the Society, its servants or agents or in a